Ultrasound Technician - Temporary, Per Diem
Manhattan Specialty Care is a reputable multi-specialty practice is looking for an ultrasound technician to join our dynamic team. At Manhattan Specialty Care our mission is to provide the highest level of quality, which is centered around technology and accessibility to ensure the best patient experience.
We are looking for an ultrasound technician that can do abdominal, pelvic, and transvaginal ultrasound. The technician must establish and maintains strong working relationships and good rapport with all patients and physicians to ensure quality assurance.
- Prepare and examine all patients for ultrasound examination. While maintaining the safety and physical comfort of the patients in the technicians care.
- Must verify all patients identity before the examination begins which includes acquiring medical history and discomfort level.
- Communicate with the patients and staff regarding the exam. Answer all questions concerning the procedure and aftercare.
- Assumes responsibility for ultrasound equipment, to ensure the safety of all patients. Ultrasound equipment must be cleaned with all working parts. The technician is to report any equipment failure to the supervisor before starting any procedures.
- Performs requested sonographic examination under direct physician supervision.
- Ensure optimal image quality and spectral Doppler waveform by adjusting scanning techniques if needed.
- Coordinate with the physician regarding recorded images and data from patients ultrasound to determine a diagnosis.
- Contact physician and staff if emergency medical attention is needed.
- Help maintain a clean working environment and ensure adequate supplies are ready before and after procedures.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all staff, interrelating hospitals, and referrals.
Completion of an accredited ultrasound program, or registry eligible required. A graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission Of Accreditation of Allied Health Education program (CAAHEP) is required.
- RDMS certification preferred
- A minimum of 2 experience as an ultrasound technician.
- Ability to communicate and evaluate diagnostic information to the physician.
- Must be able to work full -time and flexible for some weekends.
- Health Care
- 401 (K)
- Saving Plan