Manhattan Specialty Care
is seeking high-level operations manager to oversee our current practice sites and assist us with developing future locations and special projects. You will be responsible for setting the overall tone and strategy of your locations to ensure peak operational performance and success. The candidate will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer for the practice.
Manhattan Specialty Care is a modern and dynamic multispecialty medical practice delivering high-quality health care in multiple convenient locations in Manhattan. It was founded with the mission of redefining quality healthcare ONE patient at a time. The practice performs procedures in a JCAHO certified office-based surgery facility. We view our patients like family and offer them the highest quality of care in a warm and friendly environment. Our practice is growing, and we offer our staff sustainable careers with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. We are looking for a team player and problem solver to join our growing practice!
- Oversight of staff including site managers, all staff, and all practice locations
- Identifying operational deficiencies that may be adversely impacting practice and communicating with management to address
- Evaluating employee performance as well as resolving employee issues and addressing performance-related issues. Authorizing attendance, schedules, and sick time changes.
- Establishing office procedures and communicating responsibilities and expected performance to staff. Trains staff according to specific job responsibilities and expectations. Ensures appropriate cross-training and cross-coverage for all practice administrative activities
- Participates in on-going training/development/monitoring of staff by the office
- Performing and overseeing competency assessments for staff in certain key areas requiring skills
- Maintain and adjust work schedules for all staff as needed and monitor productivity of individual sites and practice (patients seen, testing/procedures performed)
- Develop and maintain rapport with physicians to ensure efficiency and optimal workflow
- Audit staff time sheets, PTO and manage PTO requests prior to payroll submission.
- Ensuring front office operations are conducted so that back office billing processes are seamless
- Ensure cleanliness of the facility including; exam rooms, lavatories, OR’s and all workstations
- Ensuring optimal functioning of offices and certified procedural suites as well as maintenance of high standards for continuing accreditation of Operating Rooms
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills are required to management physician, staff and patient issues as well as reporting to management
- Effective management of the inventory and ordering process for practice with regards to forecasting, vendor relationships and receiving and documenting deliveries to ensure effective inventory management
Reporting and Productivity
- Compiles daily statistical data as requested and reports data regularly to appropriate parties
- Maintains accurate, well-organized, up to date files for retrieval of needed documentation
- Reporting to chief operating officer
- Monitor center activity and patient flow to ensure efficient and effective patient care
- Monitor ancillary revenue and utilization as well as the efficiency of referrals throughout practice
Expansion and Special Projects
- Assist Chief Operating Officer regarding the development of additional practice locations and projects related to enhanced efficiency and practice development
Knowledge of ECW (EMR) a plus, Knowledge of multispecialty and office-based surgery a plus
Required Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in related field, Master's degree preferred
- a minimum of 5+ years of upper-level management experience, preferably managing multiple sites
Benefits (For Full-Time Employees):
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Manhattan Specialty Care is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.