New York State Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician/ Clinical Lab Tech
Manhattan Specialty Care a reputable multi-specialty medical practice is looking for a New York State Licensed Medical Lab Technician / Clinical lab technician to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the performance of various clinical laboratory procedures and tests while recording and maintaining equipment in the laboratory.
*** We are looking for serious candidates with 1-2 years of experience after their internship as a New York State Licensed Medical Lab Technician/ Clinical Lab Technicians. ****
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs procedures accurately and accordingly to policy completing testing within the established time for routine and STAT Testing.
- Uses the LIS to enter work, review worksheets, and results, etc.
- Strictly follow SOP’s while complying with CLIA regulations.
- Ensures operation of analyzers by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education: A.A.S / B.S in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or physical science.
Required license: New York State Medical Laboratory Technician / New York State Clinical Laboratory Technician License.
- 1-2 years of experience as MLT/CLT after the internship.
- Experience in CLIA/ CAP environment.
- 401 (K)
- Flexible shifts