Manhattan Gastroenterology is looking for a Call Center Representative to join our team.
Under direction, the Call Center Representative is responsible for the intake and triage of calls with the goal of facilitating timely scheduling of patient visits and procedures.
• Fields telephone inquiries from patients and referring physician offices, helps patients to select the right physician to meet their needs, advises on insurance, payment and visit concerns.
• Responsible for making, confirming and cancelling appointments for both new and existing patients.
• Manages patient expectations for all scheduled appointments and provides information to patients regarding their visit.
• If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
• Develops relationships with referring physicians and prioritizes queues/lists for requests for appointments.
• If applicable, processes referral requests within the practice management system and contacts appropriate parties to schedule requested appointments.
• Adheres to scripts and protocols for handling various types of appointment requests. Exercises some independent judgment when dealing with patients and special requests.
• Verifies insurance coverage prior to the patient's appointment.
• Scans all related documentation into patient electronic medical records.
• Documents patient interactions and notes within the practice management system.
• If applicable, keeps abreast of new faculty members scheduling within scheduling system profiles.
• Provides suggestions and recommendations to improve workflows, communication and overall protocols.
• Participates in pilot programs.
• Under direction, may distribute work assignments staff.
• Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
$250 given at sign-on and $250 given after successful completion of probationary period.
• College Diploma Required
Approximately 2 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise "people skills".
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work;
Requires long periods of time on the phone in a sitting position