Certified Medical Assistant
Manhattan Specialty Care a reputable multi-specialty medical practice is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our dynamic team. You will perform routine clinical and administrative assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly. Our ideal candidate must be able to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment while committing to the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance.
- Obtaining medical history from patients and recording their vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, providing assistance during exams, and explaining treatment
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as venipuncture, catheterization, and sterile dressing changes under established protocols.
- Performs data entry of lab studies, radiographic tests, and authorization request in compliance with physician directives.
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support the medical staff.
- Must ensure exam room is cleaned, sterilized, and stocked with adequate supplies before escorting the patients into the exam room.
- Handle administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Use EMR system to verify all patients identity before the examination begins which includes acquiring medical history and patients allergens.
● Certification as a Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Required).
● Excellent verbal skills.
● Verbalizes mission, goals, and strategic plan for the organization.
- Verbalizes understanding of roles and responsibilities of staff.
- Reliable and team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn new EMR systems.
● 401 (K)